-
Junior Member
registered user
nearly there.. now just a PPP problem
I think I'm nearly there. I went to /etc/init.d and fired up the pcmcia service (and thus got the yenta thingie and cardmgr). I was able to find the modem and configure it from KPPP and dial out.
I get a solid connection and then I get the notice that my computer is starting pppd. But pppd times out and kills itself. Any ideas as to why?
I was thinking the pppd daemon should already be running, but I don't
know where to begin looking for it.
Maybe I'm misconfigured?
thanks for the help!
cheers,
S.
Similar Threads
-
By AlBorland in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-30-2004, 09:40 AM
-
By beecee in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 11:58 PM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-25-2003, 12:21 PM
-
By borisp71 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-17-2003, 04:52 AM
-
By moosedaddy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2003, 02:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

LOT OF 3 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory
$255.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

HMAA8GR7AJR4N-XN - SK Hynix 64GB PC4-25600 DDR4-3200MHz Registered ECC DIMM Dual
$493.31

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$289.80

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99