-
Junior Member
registered user
nearly there.. now just a PPP problem
I think I'm nearly there. I went to /etc/init.d and fired up the pcmcia service (and thus got the yenta thingie and cardmgr). I was able to find the modem and configure it from KPPP and dial out.
I get a solid connection and then I get the notice that my computer is starting pppd. But pppd times out and kills itself. Any ideas as to why?
I was thinking the pppd daemon should already be running, but I don't
know where to begin looking for it.
Maybe I'm misconfigured?
thanks for the help!
cheers,
S.
Similar Threads
-
By AlBorland in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-30-2004, 09:40 AM
-
By beecee in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 11:58 PM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-25-2003, 12:21 PM
-
By borisp71 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-17-2003, 04:52 AM
-
By moosedaddy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2003, 02:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99