-
Getting Knoppix Onto Laptop
Alright. I have a Dell Latitude Laptop. I have no CD or Floppy Drive. No way to get one.
I have the latest knoppix iso on my desktop pc and i have xp sp2 running on the laptop. I also have a 2.5in to 3.5in IDE converter so I can hook my laptop HD into my PC and access it.
My question now is, how would i get knoppix onto my laptop installed and working? I was thinking I could set the laptop hard drive as primary in the pc, boot the knoppix disk, install it to the laptop h.d. and then place the h.d. back in the laptop however i am worried that will work the same way trying to do that with windows did : ERRORs.
Because, it sets up information specific to the machine its installed on, or will knoppix work this way? If not is there another way? I was thinking maybe... Copy all the contents of the knoppix cd iso to a portion of my Hard drive and telling grub to boot to it? But how? I am unsure.
Someone please assist me, I hate having to use windows on my godforsaken laptop.
Thanks,
Louis
Similar Threads
-
By sowthpaw in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-21-2007, 10:20 PM
-
By pnoori in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-24-2004, 08:59 AM
-
By dirty30ex in forum Laptops
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 01:05 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-01-2003, 09:05 PM
-
By Nthline in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-01-2003, 03:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core 16-Thread 3.8GHZ/4.7GHZ
$195.00

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$175.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF
$435.99

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$69.99

HP - OmniBook 3 - 14" 2K OLED Laptop - Snapdragon X (8-Core CPU) - 8GB Memory...
$399.99

HP ProDesk 600 G5
$99.99

Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT Intel Core i5-10500 3.10 GHz 8 GB DDR4 Desktop No HDD
$129.99