I'm not sure if this worthwhile to others, but I'll post it anyway. My WiFi adapter (Motorola WPIC810C PCI, Broadcom 4306 chipset) is working fine under 5.1.1. I had to script the boot seq for it (to explicitly load the firmware and NDISWRAPPER), but what the hell. However, 5.1.1 seems to change the device name w/ each boot. This time (as I type), it's eth1, but the next time it'll probably be eth0. For the record, this PC is a WiFi-Ethernet router, so it does have two live networking devices.
No great tragedy or inconvenience, but probably worth noting for the future....
PS: Something else strange, which only happens w/ this distro is:
doesn't work from the startup script ! No error msg, just doesn't work. As soon as I manually type this line, WiFi is operational, otherwise only the 1st char of the ESSID is passed from the cmd-line. Truly strange....iwconfig eth1 essid "MyLocalSSID"

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99
TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW
$22.00
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$246.00
Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$99.00