-
Help me connect to the internet!!!!
Well, I got the OS to recognize the WiFi card and actually communicate with the wireless router (Linksys BEFW11S4); however, I still cannot connect to the internet. I get a message saying that server cannot be found - that is, when I go to the browser and then to google (for example). It also states to check the settings for the firewall or proxy to allow Iceweasel permissions and enable it. The problem is that I do not know where to look to change these settings, but I have a feeling that it has to do with the way that Knopixx names things. I am familiar with Windows XP nomenclature but not with Linux nomenclature.
1. Where do I change the proxy (firewall) settings? In the router? Within the program?
2. I have ran the wlcardconfig at the command level, but no success! Although, the card works.
Please, help me with step-by-step instructions.
Thanks, guys
Joey.-
Similar Threads
-
By greg m in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-10-2007, 11:26 AM
-
By jacksonon in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-13-2006, 09:27 PM
-
By solbergg in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-10-2006, 03:11 AM
-
By simplyskate in forum Networking
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-28-2005, 06:45 PM
-
By THiM in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-19-2003, 07:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB 2.5" SATA III 3D NAND SSD MZ-76E2T0 94-100% Health
$207.00

Samsung PM43H 43" Commercial Display READ
$300.00

Samsung Galaxy 9.6'' Tablet - E SM-T560NU - Black - 16GB Gray | For Parts
$35.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20" 1600x900 Resolution WideScreen LCD Monitor
$41.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00

Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC
$34.99