-
Login
Hi
After installing Knoppix 5.1.1 in my HDD, I have set an SU password which allowed me to upgrade my programs with Kpackage.
But when I reboot my PC, a Login dialogbox appeared asking me to put my username and my password. I have tried to give the password I have set as SU but it didn't work. I tried also to use knoppix as password but in vain....I CANNOT now to login!
How to resolve this problem???
Please HELP!!!
augustokat
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Login

Originally Posted by
augustokat
Hi
After installing Knoppix 5.1.1 in my HDD, I have set an SU password which allowed me to upgrade my programs with Kpackage.
But when I reboot my PC, a Login dialogbox appeared asking me to put my username and my password. I have tried to give the password I have set as SU but it didn't work. I tried also to use knoppix as password but in vain....I CANNOT now to login!
How to resolve this problem???
Please HELP!!!
augustokat
When you ran knoppix-installer to install knoppix onto your hard drive there were 3 options,
install as debian
install as beginner (knoppix with hw detection)
install as knoppix cd like distribution
Choose either the first or second options. In both cases the install will ask you to create a username and password and a root password.
After a reboot you should be able to login with your username and password or as root, with root you use username "root" lower case no quotes and
the root or administrator password you choose earlier. It is not a good idea running as root, as nothing is on your system it may be quicker to do another reinstall, take note that usernames and passwordss are case sensitive.
HTH
-
root won't login to the kde
but, !!.... the username you set is in the list box on the left
hard to get wrong
then set it to auto-login later
-
Thanks to all
I've already resolved this matter by reinstalling Knoppix 5.1 with the second option and that seems to work well.
Augustokat
Similar Threads
-
By Mustang64 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 11:09 PM
-
By torbu in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 11:33 AM
-
By turbines in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 04:40 PM
-
By ssnow in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2004, 02:37 AM
-
By spydie in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-25-2003, 05:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

Intel SRF90 Xeon Gold 6248 2.50GHz 20 Core LGA 3647 Server CPU Processor
$55.99