Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Login

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5

    Login

    Hi
    After installing Knoppix 5.1.1 in my HDD, I have set an SU password which allowed me to upgrade my programs with Kpackage.
    But when I reboot my PC, a Login dialogbox appeared asking me to put my username and my password. I have tried to give the password I have set as SU but it didn't work. I tried also to use knoppix as password but in vain....I CANNOT now to login!
    How to resolve this problem???
    Please HELP!!!
    augustokat

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    282

    Re: Login

    Quote Originally Posted by augustokat
    Hi
    After installing Knoppix 5.1.1 in my HDD, I have set an SU password which allowed me to upgrade my programs with Kpackage.
    But when I reboot my PC, a Login dialogbox appeared asking me to put my username and my password. I have tried to give the password I have set as SU but it didn't work. I tried also to use knoppix as password but in vain....I CANNOT now to login!
    How to resolve this problem???
    Please HELP!!!
    augustokat
    When you ran knoppix-installer to install knoppix onto your hard drive there were 3 options,
    install as debian
    install as beginner (knoppix with hw detection)
    install as knoppix cd like distribution

    Choose either the first or second options. In both cases the install will ask you to create a username and password and a root password.
    After a reboot you should be able to login with your username and password or as root, with root you use username "root" lower case no quotes and
    the root or administrator password you choose earlier. It is not a good idea running as root, as nothing is on your system it may be quicker to do another reinstall, take note that usernames and passwordss are case sensitive.
    HTH

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    264
    root won't login to the kde
    but, !!.... the username you set is in the list box on the left
    hard to get wrong
    then set it to auto-login later

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5
    Thanks to all
    I've already resolved this matter by reinstalling Knoppix 5.1 with the second option and that seems to work well.
    Augustokat

Similar Threads

  1. KDE Login won't login
    By Mustang64 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 11:09 PM
  2. Can't login at XServer Login Window
    By torbu in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-16-2004, 11:33 AM
  3. Can't login to Debian login screen
    By turbines in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-17-2004, 04:40 PM
  4. Login Help
    By ssnow in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2004, 02:37 AM
  5. Login
    By spydie in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-25-2003, 05:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A

$49.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$36.99



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD

$29.99



Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot

$119.99