Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Taskbar disappears when I switch desktops

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203

    Taskbar disappears when I switch desktops

    OK, I got knoppix 5.1 running kde and I have a problem when I switch desktops. Desktop 1 is active by default and when I click 2, 3, or 4 the whole taskbar(panel?) disappears. I've been trying playing with the settings to no avail. Anyone able to help with this?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    159
    This is a known problem with 5.1, and the primary reason 5.1.1 was issued. You can get back to the 1st desktop using <Ctl><Tab>, though.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203
    Thanks, kirol, I'll go get 5.1.1 now.

Similar Threads

  1. USB flash drive disappears
    By timmoody in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-24-2007, 02:11 PM
  2. How to switch KDE & GNOME desktops from the command line
    By kpfuser in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2006, 04:29 PM
  3. Captive-NTFS just disappears when I try to use it.
    By OldPueblo in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-09-2004, 05:44 PM
  4. My DSL connection disappears after shutdown.
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-03-2004, 03:20 PM
  5. How does one switch desktops
    By efi360 in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-17-2003, 07:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


EARLY INTEL 3101 Vintage Ceramic chip. ALL LEGS INTACT (BO) picture

EARLY INTEL 3101 Vintage Ceramic chip. ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)

$350.00



Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used picture

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used

$39.99



Vintage Sony CD-ROM Drive CDU5211 IDE Optical Used picture

Vintage Sony CD-ROM Drive CDU5211 IDE Optical Used

$19.99



VINTAGE Custom Built Desktop-AMD A6-3500@2.10GHz 8GB RAM 80GB HDD NO OS-READ picture

VINTAGE Custom Built Desktop-AMD [email protected] 8GB RAM 80GB HDD NO OS-READ

$160.00



Vintage Creative Sound Blaster AWE64 Gold CT4390 ISA Sound Card - UNTESTED picture

Vintage Creative Sound Blaster AWE64 Gold CT4390 ISA Sound Card - UNTESTED

$225.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Intel C4009 Vintage Ceramic chip -1 missing leg (BO) picture

Intel C4009 Vintage Ceramic chip -1 missing leg (BO)

$75.00



247 Lot 5.25

247 Lot 5.25" Floppy Disks Vintage Used Turbo Pascal CAD Data Files IBM PC DOS

$199.99



Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00

$199.99



Vintage Iwill XA100 Plus Super Socket 7 Motherboard + K6-III 450 + 896mb READ picture

Vintage Iwill XA100 Plus Super Socket 7 Motherboard + K6-III 450 + 896mb READ

$179.99