Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Taskbar disappears when I switch desktops

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203

    Taskbar disappears when I switch desktops

    OK, I got knoppix 5.1 running kde and I have a problem when I switch desktops. Desktop 1 is active by default and when I click 2, 3, or 4 the whole taskbar(panel?) disappears. I've been trying playing with the settings to no avail. Anyone able to help with this?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    159
    This is a known problem with 5.1, and the primary reason 5.1.1 was issued. You can get back to the 1st desktop using <Ctl><Tab>, though.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203
    Thanks, kirol, I'll go get 5.1.1 now.

Similar Threads

  1. USB flash drive disappears
    By timmoody in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-24-2007, 02:11 PM
  2. How to switch KDE & GNOME desktops from the command line
    By kpfuser in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2006, 04:29 PM
  3. Captive-NTFS just disappears when I try to use it.
    By OldPueblo in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-09-2004, 05:44 PM
  4. My DSL connection disappears after shutdown.
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-03-2004, 03:20 PM
  5. How does one switch desktops
    By efi360 in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-17-2003, 07:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM picture

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM

$139.99



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$369.59



MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory picture

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory

$149.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55