When I start Samba on my machine, it shows the Microsoft workgroup folder for my other 2 computers. As soon as I try to access the folder, Knoppix locks up and the only thing I can do is reboot.
When I start Samba on my machine, it shows the Microsoft workgroup folder for my other 2 computers. As soon as I try to access the folder, Knoppix locks up and the only thing I can do is reboot.
try upgrading the samba
latest is 3.0.23d
from Kpackage, which is the (a) gui apt-get interface
The samba network neighborhood works fine on one computer but on the Sony PC it continuously locks up.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B
$299.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
M321R4GA0BB0-CQK Samsung 32GB PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz Registered ECC CL40 RDIMM
$550.00