-
Booting through EFI (MacBook Pro, not BIOS)
Hi,
I've remastered KNOPPIX 4.0.2 for use as a live-cd version of a web-application. The research lab I work in, though, has mostly Macs and I would like to be able to use this application or a similar one on Intel Macs, which use EFI to boot, which I understand is a problem in this case .... does the latest version of KNOPPIX support EFI booting, and if not, will future versions support this?? I hear that Windows Vista will boot EFI, and that hardware will move in this direction, what are the plans for KNOPPIX?
Thanks,
Fred
Similar Threads
-
By quadphonic in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-04-2010, 04:02 PM
-
By fbarrett in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-27-2007, 09:51 PM
-
By seamyst in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-13-2006, 07:32 PM
-
By jacksonon in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-10-2005, 11:24 PM
-
By Wikipedea in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-08-2005, 06:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72