Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: AUFS how to install.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1

    AUFS how to install.

    Hi,

    I'm new in this so please be patient :P. I'm trying to make remastered knoppix and after simply steps like removing packages and editing logo I stopped on kernel replacing. I managed to compile cloop and it apears to work but I have problem with aufs. I completely don't know where to start with it.
    Can somebody explain me step by step how to install aufs? Mayby is simply way to change it back to ufs? (because I think that using older version of knoppix will also work) I'm using 2.6.18-gentoo-r4 kernell but I think that it isn't problem.

    I'v got this message after booting.
    Code:
     Found primary KNOPPIX (cut)
    creating /ramdisk (cut) ... done
    ERROR: CANNOT UNITE READ-ONLY MEDIA AND INITIAL RAMDISK! shutdown: hda
    System halted
    
    >>Read-only CD sytem successfully merged with read-write /ramdisk
    /linuxrc: cannot create /var/run/utmp: directory nonexistent
    VFS cannot open root device "<NULL>" or unknonw-block (8,4)
    Please append a correct "root=" boot option
    Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(8,4)
    I didn't install aufs after changing kernell so I assume that this is problem.

    Pleas help

    Thanks in advance
    Mroofka

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    31
    Hi,
    I had the same problem, you should a line in the file linuxrc in minirt.gz.


    if test -n "$UNIONFS" && /bin/mount -t aufs -o "br:$UNION=ro" /UNIONFS /UNIONFS; then

    You can boot knoppix with the "debug" option give a couple of "exit", and with a copy of the linuxrc try to debug the aufs step.

    Saluti

    Max

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    31
    Oops I was to fast!!

    Here's the modified line:

    if test -n "$UNIONFS" && /bin/mount -t aufs -o "br:$UNION=ro" /UNIONFS /UNIONFS


    With the cd (not the dvd) $UNION should be /ramdisk:/KNOPPIX
    Check if the dir /UNION is present...I had to /bin/mkdir /UNIONFS just before " # Do the actual mount".


    Cheers

    Max

Similar Threads

  1. does knoppix, use aufs? or unionfs? ...still says /UNIONFS..
    By starlyptErin_. in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2009, 10:55 PM
  2. aufs /UNIONFS conflict between /ramdisk & /KNOPPIX.IMG 5
    By koolb in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 06:25 PM
  3. aufs problems 5.1.1
    By koolb in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 10:29 AM
  4. How to build aufs for remastered Knoppix 5.1.1's kernel?
    By tr in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2007, 02:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY picture

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY

$94.99



COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4 picture

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4

$169.95



Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished picture

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished

$44.99



Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151

$39.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$69.99



Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13  3.0 GHz  Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU

$80.00



Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10 picture

Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10

$1505.77



Intel Core i7-10700K 8-Core 3.80GHz LGA1200 CPU SRH72 i7-10700K picture

Intel Core i7-10700K 8-Core 3.80GHz LGA1200 CPU SRH72 i7-10700K

$75.00



GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4 picture

GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4

$229.95