Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: AUFS how to install.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1

    AUFS how to install.

    Hi,

    I'm new in this so please be patient :P. I'm trying to make remastered knoppix and after simply steps like removing packages and editing logo I stopped on kernel replacing. I managed to compile cloop and it apears to work but I have problem with aufs. I completely don't know where to start with it.
    Can somebody explain me step by step how to install aufs? Mayby is simply way to change it back to ufs? (because I think that using older version of knoppix will also work) I'm using 2.6.18-gentoo-r4 kernell but I think that it isn't problem.

    I'v got this message after booting.
    Code:
     Found primary KNOPPIX (cut)
    creating /ramdisk (cut) ... done
    ERROR: CANNOT UNITE READ-ONLY MEDIA AND INITIAL RAMDISK! shutdown: hda
    System halted
    
    >>Read-only CD sytem successfully merged with read-write /ramdisk
    /linuxrc: cannot create /var/run/utmp: directory nonexistent
    VFS cannot open root device "<NULL>" or unknonw-block (8,4)
    Please append a correct "root=" boot option
    Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(8,4)
    I didn't install aufs after changing kernell so I assume that this is problem.

    Pleas help

    Thanks in advance
    Mroofka

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    31
    Hi,
    I had the same problem, you should a line in the file linuxrc in minirt.gz.


    if test -n "$UNIONFS" && /bin/mount -t aufs -o "br:$UNION=ro" /UNIONFS /UNIONFS; then

    You can boot knoppix with the "debug" option give a couple of "exit", and with a copy of the linuxrc try to debug the aufs step.

    Saluti

    Max

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    31
    Oops I was to fast!!

    Here's the modified line:

    if test -n "$UNIONFS" && /bin/mount -t aufs -o "br:$UNION=ro" /UNIONFS /UNIONFS


    With the cd (not the dvd) $UNION should be /ramdisk:/KNOPPIX
    Check if the dir /UNION is present...I had to /bin/mkdir /UNIONFS just before " # Do the actual mount".


    Cheers

    Max

Similar Threads

  1. does knoppix, use aufs? or unionfs? ...still says /UNIONFS..
    By starlyptErin_. in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2009, 10:55 PM
  2. aufs /UNIONFS conflict between /ramdisk & /KNOPPIX.IMG 5
    By koolb in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 06:25 PM
  3. aufs problems 5.1.1
    By koolb in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 10:29 AM
  4. How to build aufs for remastered Knoppix 5.1.1's kernel?
    By tr in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2007, 02:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD picture

GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD

$149.99



ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX picture

ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX

$59.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.99



Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB Wifi 8th/9th Geb 1151 Motherboard picture

Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB Wifi 8th/9th Geb 1151 Motherboard

$84.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW

$121.45