Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: AUFS how to install.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1

    AUFS how to install.

    Hi,

    I'm new in this so please be patient :P. I'm trying to make remastered knoppix and after simply steps like removing packages and editing logo I stopped on kernel replacing. I managed to compile cloop and it apears to work but I have problem with aufs. I completely don't know where to start with it.
    Can somebody explain me step by step how to install aufs? Mayby is simply way to change it back to ufs? (because I think that using older version of knoppix will also work) I'm using 2.6.18-gentoo-r4 kernell but I think that it isn't problem.

    I'v got this message after booting.
    Code:
     Found primary KNOPPIX (cut)
    creating /ramdisk (cut) ... done
    ERROR: CANNOT UNITE READ-ONLY MEDIA AND INITIAL RAMDISK! shutdown: hda
    System halted
    
    >>Read-only CD sytem successfully merged with read-write /ramdisk
    /linuxrc: cannot create /var/run/utmp: directory nonexistent
    VFS cannot open root device "<NULL>" or unknonw-block (8,4)
    Please append a correct "root=" boot option
    Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(8,4)
    I didn't install aufs after changing kernell so I assume that this is problem.

    Pleas help

    Thanks in advance
    Mroofka

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    31
    Hi,
    I had the same problem, you should a line in the file linuxrc in minirt.gz.


    if test -n "$UNIONFS" && /bin/mount -t aufs -o "br:$UNION=ro" /UNIONFS /UNIONFS; then

    You can boot knoppix with the "debug" option give a couple of "exit", and with a copy of the linuxrc try to debug the aufs step.

    Saluti

    Max

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    31
    Oops I was to fast!!

    Here's the modified line:

    if test -n "$UNIONFS" && /bin/mount -t aufs -o "br:$UNION=ro" /UNIONFS /UNIONFS


    With the cd (not the dvd) $UNION should be /ramdisk:/KNOPPIX
    Check if the dir /UNION is present...I had to /bin/mkdir /UNIONFS just before " # Do the actual mount".


    Cheers

    Max

Similar Threads

  1. does knoppix, use aufs? or unionfs? ...still says /UNIONFS..
    By starlyptErin_. in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2009, 10:55 PM
  2. aufs /UNIONFS conflict between /ramdisk & /KNOPPIX.IMG 5
    By koolb in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 06:25 PM
  3. aufs problems 5.1.1
    By koolb in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 10:29 AM
  4. How to build aufs for remastered Knoppix 5.1.1's kernel?
    By tr in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2007, 02:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH picture

SK Hynix 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH

$649.95



Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM picture

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM

$10.99



Team Group T-Create Expert RAM 32gb (2 x 16gb) 6000 Mhz DDR5 Desktop Memory Modu picture

Team Group T-Create Expert RAM 32gb (2 x 16gb) 6000 Mhz DDR5 Desktop Memory Modu

$399.95



[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture

[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.

$299.99



Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB) picture

Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)

$164.95



Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz picture

Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz

$87.00



Virtium 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ ECC UDIMM RAM VL31A4G63F-C3SA 2Rx8 ULP TESTED WORKING picture

Virtium 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ ECC UDIMM RAM VL31A4G63F-C3SA 2Rx8 ULP TESTED WORKING

$250.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total) picture

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)

$129.99



G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 SO-DIMM RAM 32gb (2x16gb) 3200MT Cl22-22-52 1.20v 2pcs picture

G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 SO-DIMM RAM 32gb (2x16gb) 3200MT Cl22-22-52 1.20v 2pcs

$153.11