Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: qtparted crashes under Knoppix 5.1.1

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    92

    qtparted crashes under Knoppix 5.1.1

    Hello,
    Just burned Knoppix 5.1.1-CD. It is great! The first Linux that correctly recognizes my hard drives ... but that's another story.

    I am currently trying to partition my USB disk; it is a Seagate Portable. Knoppix correctly recognizes it, Konqueror mounts it, reads it, basically no problems. The trouble starts up when I try to read it with qtparted. When I start up qtparted, it shows the disk as "present", unfortunately when I select the disk and it tries to access it, it seems to stall for a while (obviously it is doing something), and then just crashes: coredump. I had a look on the qtparted home page, but when I try to look at the current bugs I got some type of SQL error. parted alone, seems to work, however, I am not familiar enough with the command line interface to be able to repartition it the way I want it; but parted does at least "print" the correct info about the device. Anyone had a similar experience?
    Oh ya: the previous version of qtparted (0.4.4) worked! Also, I tried this on two completely different computers with the same results, so I do not believe the problem is in the hardware.

    Thanx, SK.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    92
    OK, it must have been user error.

    I used (plain)parted to write out a new partition table, and then to create the partitions that I wanted. When I tried to read THAT with qtparted, everything worked again just fine.

    Just for the heck of it, before I "fixed" the disk with parted, I first tried cfdisk. That crashed also! I wonder what the original problem was.

Similar Threads

  1. KDE Crashes when booting Knoppix 5.3.1DE DVD
    By wannessmet in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 04:37 PM
  2. knoppix v3.9 crashes
    By kn in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-01-2005, 11:24 PM
  3. Knoppix Crashes
    By MickKi in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2004, 01:26 PM
  4. Knoppix hangs/crashes
    By LuCasn in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2003, 10:41 AM
  5. Knoppix crashes during KDE startup. Please Help?!
    By asmodath in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 06:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$169.95



16GB Total of SK hynix PC3L-12800S  2 sticks of 8GB each = 16GB Laptop Memory picture

16GB Total of SK hynix PC3L-12800S 2 sticks of 8GB each = 16GB Laptop Memory

$27.95



Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB picture

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB

$124.95



MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY picture

MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY

$229.00



96GB DDR5  48GBx2 SO-DIMM 262-Pin Laptop RAM PC5-5600B 2Rx8 picture

96GB DDR5 48GBx2 SO-DIMM 262-Pin Laptop RAM PC5-5600B 2Rx8

$1199.00



Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW picture

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW

$1.39



Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original

$39.98