Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: does anyone know how to disable eth1 and eth2 when booting.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1

    does anyone know how to disable eth1 and eth2 when booting.

    Hi all,
    I am trying to use knoppix live cd on my dell latitude d505 laptop. When i am loading from dvd it allways hangs on the ethernet ports. I only have one ethernet port on my laptop but knoppix finds eth0, eth1, and eth2. Knoppix responds with "backgrounding" when booting.I would like to disable eth1 and 2 at boot but dont know how to do this, I tried "knoppix noeth1 noeth2" with no avail.

    Has anyone encountered this problem? Have any suggestions please let me know.

    I looked around the forums and faqs but didn't find anything, the forums are large so I may have overlooked this info, if I did please point me in the right direction.

    thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2
    Did anyone ever respond, or did you figure this problem out?

    I'm having the same problem. In my case it "backgrounds" eth0 which is my cable port, and hangs on eth1, which I think is my built in wireless port?

    don't feed the spammers, post the answer here or use private message if a valid private message is needed. e-mail address removed by moderator.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm_knoppix
    Did anyone ever respond, or did you figure this problem out?

    I'm having the same problem. In my case it "backgrounds" eth0 which is my cable port, and hangs on eth1, which I think is my built in wireless port?

    don't feed the spammers, post the answer here or use private message if a valid private message is needed. e-mail address removed by moderator.
    Same problem for me on a Dell Latitude D600 - I posted in the Hardware & Booting forum and got no solution. Posting there is:

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...2eeeb9e842389e

    Regards,

    semreh

  4. #4
    Same problem for me,want to have a advice.Waiting...

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6
    Enter "knoppix nodhcp" at the boot prompt. That will prevent Knoppix from trying to access a network at boot time, but it also means you won't be able to use Knoppix to access the web or to use email. I gave up on 5.1.1 for my laptop because of this.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1

    yeah but

    Then you can go in under the KNOPPIX menu and then Network/Internet then run Network card configuration and select with eth device to dhcp. Easy fix, thanks for the nodhcp fix. It works great with this way for me.

    backtheFup

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2
    I figured out the knoppix nodhcp thing on my own, but running netcardconfig causes a lock up. is anyone else experiencing this? 5.1.1 on a dell latitude d600

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by timrau
    I figured out the knoppix nodhcp thing on my own, but running netcardconfig causes a lock up. is anyone else experiencing this? 5.1.1 on a dell latitude d600
    Timrau,

    Strange, mine Dell Latitude D600 works fine on 5.1.1. Just wonder if Dell have different hardware with the same model. I got my d600 at Dell Toronto. Where is yours?

    Rgds,
    Chip

Similar Threads

  1. eth0 und eth1 vertauschen?
    By R. Henze in forum German Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 07:17 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-13-2006, 03:02 AM
  3. how to add eth2
    By AugustQ in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 03:28 PM
  4. 2 NICs but get eth0, eth1 and eth2?
    By gjhicks in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-01-2005, 08:00 PM
  5. Kismet & eth0 & eth1
    By HAiRYANiMAL in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-19-2003, 01:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount picture

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount

$489.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1... picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...

$324.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$248.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99