-
does anyone know how to disable eth1 and eth2 when booting.
Hi all,
I am trying to use knoppix live cd on my dell latitude d505 laptop. When i am loading from dvd it allways hangs on the ethernet ports. I only have one ethernet port on my laptop but knoppix finds eth0, eth1, and eth2. Knoppix responds with "backgrounding" when booting.I would like to disable eth1 and 2 at boot but dont know how to do this, I tried "knoppix noeth1 noeth2" with no avail.
Has anyone encountered this problem? Have any suggestions please let me know.
I looked around the forums and faqs but didn't find anything, the forums are large so I may have overlooked this info, if I did please point me in the right direction.
thanks in advance.
-
Did anyone ever respond, or did you figure this problem out?
I'm having the same problem. In my case it "backgrounds" eth0 which is my cable port, and hangs on eth1, which I think is my built in wireless port?
don't feed the spammers, post the answer here or use private message if a valid private message is needed. e-mail address removed by moderator.
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
jrm_knoppix
Did anyone ever respond, or did you figure this problem out?
I'm having the same problem. In my case it "backgrounds" eth0 which is my cable port, and hangs on eth1, which I think is my built in wireless port?
don't feed the spammers, post the answer here or use private message if a valid private message is needed. e-mail address removed by moderator.
Same problem for me on a Dell Latitude D600 - I posted in the Hardware & Booting forum and got no solution.
Posting there is:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...2eeeb9e842389e
Regards,
semreh
-
Same problem for me,want to have a advice.Waiting...
-
Enter "knoppix nodhcp" at the boot prompt. That will prevent Knoppix from trying to access a network at boot time, but it also means you won't be able to use Knoppix to access the web or to use email. I gave up on 5.1.1 for my laptop because of this.
-
yeah but
Then you can go in under the KNOPPIX menu and then Network/Internet then run Network card configuration and select with eth device to dhcp. Easy fix, thanks for the nodhcp fix. It works great with this way for me.
backtheFup
-
I figured out the knoppix nodhcp thing on my own, but running netcardconfig causes a lock up. is anyone else experiencing this? 5.1.1 on a dell latitude d600
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
timrau
I figured out the knoppix nodhcp thing on my own, but running netcardconfig causes a lock up. is anyone else experiencing this? 5.1.1 on a dell latitude d600
Timrau,
Strange, mine Dell Latitude D600 works fine on 5.1.1. Just wonder if Dell have different hardware with the same model. I got my d600 at Dell Toronto. Where is yours?
Rgds,
Chip
Similar Threads
-
By R. Henze in forum German Forum
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-17-2007, 07:17 AM
-
By maestrobwh1 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-13-2006, 03:02 AM
-
By AugustQ in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-15-2005, 03:28 PM
-
By gjhicks in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-01-2005, 08:00 PM
-
By HAiRYANiMAL in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-19-2003, 01:07 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00

Supermicro Superserver CSE-836 Xeon E5-2609 v4 1.7GHz No RAM No Drives No OS
$249.98

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99