First of all hello to everyone in this forum,
I've got knoppix up and running and it's working great, i set it up on a fairly old laptop.
Now i want to use this laptop as a secure fileserver. Herfore I read a lot of stuff, and ended up installing SSH on the server. I configured a new user, and have set everything up. I connected to the fileserver locally via the local ip adress. Wich worked great, i uploaded a folder and created a bunch of folders.
Now i'm at work and i'm trying to do the same thing as i did yesterday locally. Ofcourse i use the wan ip adress now to connect and the same username and passwords. But i'm not able to get in the server.
I havn't forwarded port 22 yet, but since the cliƫnt is able to change the port, i also tried port 21 (wich is forwarded).
port 21: connection refused
port 22: network error: connection timed out
All ideas are very much appreciated,
Tim Schuffelen

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
G.Skill Flare X5 DDR5-6000 RAM/Memory 32GB(2x16GB) 36-36-36-96 1.35V
$385.00
SK HYNIX 32GB 2RX4 PC4 2666V ECC SERVER RAM
$199.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
M386A8K40DM2-CVF SAMSUNG 64GB (1X64GB) 4DRX4 PC4-2933Y SERVER MEMORY
$1200.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Micron MTA36ASF8G72PZ-3G2E1TI 64GB DDR4-3200AA-RB4-12 RDIMM Memory Module
$650.00
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99