-
Can't see USB hard drive to copy crashed HD files to
I am a new user to this game. I am trying to recover some data from a badly crashed laptop. Couldn't get it to load with anything else and have been staggered with the power of Knoppix which I can get to load and have seen some of the data files on the hard drive. I cannot seem to get it to read a USB external drive though nor work out how to copy the data across. Can somebody help please?
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
I have seen reports of some USB devices not mounting properly at times, don't know that I've seen any good feedback about how it was resolved. In general you would be advised to see the recovery faq (answer 5) and information about mounting drives in answer #6. Also be sure that the usb drive is attached when Knoppix is booted, that may help.
Similar Threads
-
By Peter42y in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-11-2007, 12:28 AM
-
By PaulKraemer in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-08-2006, 04:49 PM
-
By _Larry_ in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 09:48 AM
-
By omega in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 07:46 PM
-
By hammonjc in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-22-2004, 03:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Samsung 32GB (1x32GB) PC4-17000 (DDR4-2133) LRDIMM Memory (M386A4G40DM0-CPB0Q)
$120.00

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99

2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17
$3.35

LOT OF 17/ Micron/Hynix/Sam/ 16GB PC4- 3200 /2666V /2400/ DDR4 Laptop Memory
$980.00

Samsung 96GB LPCAMM2 PC5 9600 FE1 E1 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K6LC3CL1-CCV DDR5 Memory
$2150.00

Samsung (21x16GB) 336GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA, PC4-2666V Laptop Memory DDR4
$1499.00

NMA1XXD128GPS Intel Optane 1X128GB DDR4 PC4-21300 DCPMM Persistent Server Memory
$75.00

6 in 1 USB 3.0 Type C Card Reader SD Micro SD TF OTG Memory Adapter Laptop PC US
$3.95

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98