Hello,
I too have the problem of a non-bootable Linux.
My System:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2,6GHZ
Corsair 2GB DDR2 RAM
ASUS P5K Mainboard with JMicron Controller
Seagate 500GB 16MB SATA HDD
LG GSA-H62N ATAPI DVD-Writer (SATA?)
I tried:
Knoppix Live CD 5.0.1 --- Can't find file System (including ALL cheatcodes, none of them worked)
Knoppix Live CD 5.1.1 --- Can't find file System (including ALL cheatcodes, none of them worked)
openSuse Live DVD 10.2 --- Can't find CD
openSuse Live CD 10.3 RC2 --- Can't find CD
TING 2007.0-r2 (seemed to work)
I checked the md5sum's (all correct) and the CD's/DVD's are working on other (older) computers.
Only the TING seemed to start correct, but I had no GUI. Since I am fairly new to Linux and have also very limited knowledge of the Gentoo-Live-CD I don't know if there is a GUI anyway...
I want to install SUSE, or Debian, or Gentoo (also Gentoo not in the near future) for research, so I don't want to install a different Linux.
I would appreciate Knoppix as a Rescue-Live System, but after all I can't install any Linux.
Many forums complain about the JMicron-Controller, but the several CD's/DVD's I tried have different kernels, so I'm not sure where the problem really is located here.
Someone knows a solution?
HAVE PHUN!

OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17
$45.49
OEM TVKGH 88Wh Laptop Battery For Dell Latitude 9510 2-in-1 Latitude 9510 9520
$29.43
OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511
$28.99
New Genuine OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 3560 4 Cell Laptop Battery RJ40G M033W
$49.95
OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541
$35.78
Lot of 5 Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapters Mixed Models B Grade
$39.99
OEM Genuine 63WH RJ40G Battery For Dell Latitude 5420 5520 Precision 3560 M033W
$31.69
Genuine OEM 6MT4T 62WH Battery For Dell Latitude E5470 E5570 6MT4T 07V69Y 7V69Y
$17.88
NEW OEM V6W33 Battery WV3K8 Dell Inspiron 3510 5510 Latitude 3320 3330 3515
$47.95
OEM Genuine Dell Latitude 5420 5424 7424 Rugged 11.4V 51Wh Battery 06JRCP 7WNW1
$95.67