-
Problem with locales
Before everything, I ask for to excuses for my poor English.
I am creating new distro and I configured locales correctly. I removed all other and I installed only the Brazilian Portuguese.
I run "dpkg-reconfigure locales". Root is configurated:
LANG=pt_BR
LANGUAGE=pt_BR
LC_CTYPE="pt_BR"
LC_NUMERIC="pt_BR"
LC_TIME="pt_BR"
LC_COLLATE="pt_BR"
LC_MONETARY="pt_BR"
LC_MESSAGES="pt_BR"
LC_PAPER="pt_BR"
LC_NAME="pt_BR"
LC_ADDRESS="pt_BR"
LC_TELEPHONE="pt_BR"
LC_MEASUREMENT="pt_BR"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="pt_BR"
LC_ALL=pt_BR
But, when i create a new user, the language is configured to DE
LANG=pt_BR
LANGUAGE=de
LC_CTYPE="pt_BR"
LC_NUMERIC="pt_BR"
LC_TIME="pt_BR"
LC_COLLATE="pt_BR"
LC_MONETARY="pt_BR"
LC_MESSAGES="pt_BR"
LC_PAPER="pt_BR"
LC_NAME="pt_BR"
LC_ADDRESS="pt_BR"
LC_TELEPHONE="pt_BR"
LC_MEASUREMENT="pt_BR"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="pt_BR"
LC_ALL=pt_BR
Somebody can help me?
Thanks
-
the user will have it's language default to "blank", but it doesn't default to your system default
and it doesn't "default" to DE, it's just that the DE option is the first on the list
Code:
Knoppix - Control Center
System Administration - Login Manager
Appearance - Language
-

Originally Posted by
marhleet
the user will have it's language default to "blank", but it doesn't default to your system default
and it doesn't "default" to DE, it's just that the DE option is the first on the list
Code:
Knoppix - Control Center
System Administration - Login Manager
Appearance - Language
Yes, but my distro will have only pt_BR. I need remove all other or set pt_BR to first option in list.
-
Check the root/etc/default/locale file to see if that is still set to DE. That may be causing your problems.
Similar Threads
-
By TimWhite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-02-2004, 02:17 PM
-
By mschievano in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-17-2004, 05:21 PM
-
By macherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-06-2004, 08:21 AM
-
By datakid in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-06-2003, 05:44 AM
-
By walla123ms in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-04-2003, 07:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99

SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM
$499.99

Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz
$87.00

32GB 2Rx8 PC4 - 3200AA - SE1-13 (x2) 64GB - Memory
$260.00

32GB 2Rx8 PC4 - 3200AA - SE1-13 (x2) 64GB - Laptop Memory
$260.00

Samsung 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Desktop Ram Memory (M378A1K43DB2-CTD) Tested
$29.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00