-
dhcp at boot?
Hello,
I'm just trying out Knoppix 5. I have it installed on my laptop hard drive. To connect to the wired router at home I have to run network card config on eth0 - which fails - and then eth1, which works. I have to do it in that order and run 0 before 1. How can I get dhcp to connect me during boot up, and how can I get it to read properly from eth1? Running net card config on just eth1 does not seem to work without running eth0 first.
Here is my /eetc/network/interfaces file.
# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(
, ifdown(
# The loopback interface
# automatically added when upgrading
auto lo eth0 eth1
iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.1.34
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168.1.1
broadcast 192.168.1.255
gateway 192.168.1.1
iface dsl-provider inet ppp
provider dsl-provider
iface eth1 inet dhcp
Donald
Similar Threads
-
By CJWertz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-01-2006, 10:00 AM
-
By zoltanthegypsy in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-08-2006, 04:57 PM
-
By ldonkers in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-14-2005, 02:35 AM
-
By equex in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-03-2005, 04:27 PM
-
By k225yt in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-25-2005, 12:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99