That's interesting, I don't see them crash on a regular Debian Etch install. I wonder if there is anything to be learned from that.
Hi all,
I have a knoppix 5.1 Hd install on my pc. My problem is Firefox, VLC, kaffeine and KDM are crashing often while I'm working and its really irritating.
I think most packages from the Debian Testing ( Etch) group.
Did anyone experience the same problem? How do we fix these?
my pc configuration :
Amd duron 800 Mhz,
512 MB ram,
64kb cache.
Waiting for your responses.
Thanks in advance
That's interesting, I don't see them crash on a regular Debian Etch install. I wonder if there is anything to be learned from that.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Do you think its a problem with the hardware? I had used knoppix 5.0 earlier and it was very much stable even though all packages were from the Debian Testing group.Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
Debian sarge works without any problems too.
Can you suggest how I can look for the errors and how to interpret the log files?
I certainly can't rule out hardware problems with your computer. One obvious thing to try would be to boot up a Knoppix disc and type in memtest at the boot prompt. But if Debian works fine on the computer and installed Knoppix keep crashing then I suspect the OS that isn't really intened for installing to hard disk. On the other hand, if Debian crashed too then that give more knowledge.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00