clusterKnoppix has Blender. And if you boot other PCs with this remaster too (via other CD or PXE) you can use their computing power too.
I am graphic artists, using linux.. and since that seems to be very rare thing, and most of the places I go have only windows installed. so now with knoppix, I just put it on the drive and boot and there it is.. I love it already.
but every time I boot, I have to download this one little program called blender. it's 3d modelling and rendering package. it's not big to download, but not everytime the web is available.. so it would be cool to have it on the cd straight.
how about, adding that to the softwares on the cd?
it's very small (~ 2mb), and easy to install.. check it out "http://www.blender3d.org"
.b
clusterKnoppix has Blender. And if you boot other PCs with this remaster too (via other CD or PXE) you can use their computing power too.
what does it mean "clusterknoppix" ??
I dont really need anything special administrator-kind-of-linux system.. I'm looking forward more to have quick desktoplinux for multimedia, graphics and sound etc..
I have read some info on making your own customizing with knoppix. doesnt look too bad... perhaps I give it a try.
.b
I don't think blender is free as in freedom to distribute. I think it used to be on Knoppix 3.1 or am I getting my 3d modelers mixed up?
Actually Blender is licensed under the GPL.
http://www.blender.org/bf/deal.html
If you download it from blender.org, it includes a copy of the GPL license.
Hmm. Ahh thats right, it was povray I was thinking of.Originally Posted by aay
I don't know of anything as good as Lightwave on linux.. What's the closest? I'm thinking povray, becuase blender isn't a ray tracer.
clusterKnoppix is just Knoppix, but with an openMosix kernel. That kernel enables it to exchange processes with other machines running the same version of the kernel. It will do this when needed, aka, when of the PCs is working a lot harder than the other it will shift a process of to the other PC. This is called loadbalancing.Originally Posted by basse
But if it doesn't find any other machines, nothing is lost. You will just see a quick 'searching'-alike message on the screen. If you later on decide to turn another PC into a Linux machine you could consider setting up another clusterKnoppix machine and they will work together.
Just wanted to point you at a Knoppix CD with blender, that's all.
This is really interesting info...Originally Posted by Henk Poley
is there any more "multimedia, graphics and sound" applications thatcan use distributive rendering or openMosix ?
Or have you found better "multimedia, graphics and sound" Knoppix distro? Italian's were saying thay are making one by thay never did it!
MediLINUX is online: read the announcementhere :
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3026
after a ISO that got corrupted now is online a working version and I am working on a next one based on the last Knoppix.
Ciao, m.
Blender can now be installed with just a klik - http://klik.berlios.de/

Vintage Timbuk2 Crossbody Messenger Bag Forest Green/ Black Y2k USA Made
$85.00
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99
Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8
$170.99
Vintage cross Apple computer branded pen rainbow logo In original box
$100.00
Vintage Apple computer Cross Metal Ballpoint Pen Black Ink Gold Trim
$125.00
Vintage Microsoft Office 4.2 for Windows Original Floppy Disks & Manuals 1994
$119.99
ASUS A7V333 Vintage Motherboard | Untested | For Parts
$44.89
Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00