-
Wow, thanks for the advice. So you recommend I try:
1. TESTDISK and then
2. gpart
Now I'm not very experienced in linux so I was wondering if you could give me a bit more information on just what testdisk and gpart are and how I should go about running them. I want to make sure I do it right. If you could possibly direct me in the right direction I would be most grateful.
Thanks, Andrew
*EDIT* Haha, i can't believe it was so simple...just then during boot of knoppix a line I hadn't seen before appeared saying: checking for hard disk partitions...something something..... any way the points is the partions are visible now on the desktop and I can access my files....YAY.
Thank you all very much for your great help. Knoppix has been a lifesaver!
Similar Threads
-
By collectorx in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-17-2007, 07:57 PM
-
By mikazo in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-01-2005, 04:47 PM
-
By tkurine in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-08-2005, 04:42 PM
-
By Johnny3 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-31-2003, 07:19 PM
-
By fussyoldfart in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-25-2003, 08:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...
$349.99

Lenovo - Yoga 7a 2-in-1 16" 2K LCD Touchscreen Laptop - AMD Ryzen AI 7 445 20...
$849.99

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader
$571.00

Lenovo Thinkbook 15 G2, i5 1135G7, 256GB, 8GB, 20VE003GUS no OS, Iris Xe, 15.6"
$200.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" i5-10310U 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Laptop
$170.00