-
Booting into command line/overlaying installer options
Hello, this is my first time on the forums so greetings everyone!
I'm looking to create an installation CD that allows the user to configure static IP/LAN options during install and then leaves the computer with certain services running (with the OS installed to HD, not running Live CD fashion). The largest range of hardware compatibility is desirable so Knoppix seems a good choice. However, after installation of the CD, I would like the system to run without a GUI and indeed without much of Knoppix's standard programs. So I have two things to learn 1) remastering Knoppix and 2) How to present a screen to the user of network options during, or directly after installation.
(1) I will need to read about but I wonder if anyone knows whether (2) is possible before I perform lengthy research. It would also be great to hear options on whether Knoppix is the right thing to be using.
Essentially I would like Apache, PHP, FTP and SSH to be running after installation.
Thanks in advance for any comments.
Similar Threads
-
By topcat in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-25-2010, 09:34 PM
-
By vblazier in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-30-2009, 03:51 AM
-
By Mongoose in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-07-2006, 12:23 AM
-
By greygooseplz in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-25-2004, 05:58 AM
-
By bob58 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 11:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10gbase-SR transceiver SFP+ (XVR-00001-02)
$9.00

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Mellanox 655874-B21 655902-001 QSFP to SFP+ Adapter Kit MAM1Q00A-QSA 00D9678
$13.99

QSFP-40/100-SRBD Cisco 100G and 40GBASE SR-BiDi QSFP Transceiver
$125.00

CISCO SFP-10G-SR V03 10-2415-03 NEW SEALED
$39.99