Possibly a naive question, but I'm wondering if there's any way to permanently add a package to a bootable USB key, preferably without remastering Knoppix.
Basically, I've successfully created a bootable 1Gb USB Key. I have a software package (the VPN to my corporate network) that's installable under Debian. It would be convenient for me to have that "installed" so that Knoppix can find it when I boot up.
I've gotten to the point where I can leave the installable package on the USB key, so that I can install it manually every time I boot Knoppix, which works, but it's inconvenient and it means my settings have to be input from scratch every time.
Since there's room on the key, I'd love to use it like a hard drive, and somehow tell Knoppix to "install" the package to the remaining space on the USB key permanently.
Or is this what remastering is all about, and I should just go that route and re-build the key?

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00
Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08