-
Trouble Recovering Files
Hi all,
I recently had a hard drive problem on my newest computer (about a year old now) and there are some files on there I would really like to be able to recover. I read up about Knoppix program just yesterday and managed to make the computer boot off a Knoppix cd. Entering the knoppix desktop I clicked on "Hard Disk [sda]", only to receive a message saying:
Could not mount device
The reported error was:
mount: I could not determine the filesystem type, and none was specified.
I am at a loss. I have been using this http://www.shockfamily.net/cedric/knoppix/ guide. All I wish to do is get some files off that hard drive and on to a usb. Can anyone assist me with this problem? Are my files forever lost? I have spent a long long time to get this far and if anyone can help me it would be much appreciated. If there is any info needed which I haven't given just ask.
Thanks, Andrew
Similar Threads
-
By collectorx in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-17-2007, 07:57 PM
-
By mikazo in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-01-2005, 04:47 PM
-
By tkurine in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-08-2005, 04:42 PM
-
By Johnny3 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-31-2003, 07:19 PM
-
By fussyoldfart in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-25-2003, 08:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Datto S3E12000 RACK SERVER 2U 2x Xeon E5-2670 v3 2.30GHz 32GB RAM 2x PSU 14 BAY
$399.95

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08