Hi,
Is your Samba server configured as a WINS server? XP will use NetBIOS over TCP/IP to do it's NetBIOS chatting, but I am not sure the XBOX will. I would try configuring your Samba server as a WINS server.
Why is it that my samba file server only seems to work properly if my winXP machine is booted up? I'm trying to access my samba server from my xbox, but I can't browse the workgroup.![]()
Hi,
Is your Samba server configured as a WINS server? XP will use NetBIOS over TCP/IP to do it's NetBIOS chatting, but I am not sure the XBOX will. I would try configuring your Samba server as a WINS server.

COMMODORE AMIGA 500 Motherboard Rev 5 NTSC ,No IC'S , Sold As Is, Untested
$88.00
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00
HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50
Micronik A1200 Infinitiv Tower, NEW IN BOX, Commodore Amiga 1200 Kit
$1472.50
Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$950.00
Sierra | Disney Winnie the Pooh in the Hundred Acre Wood for Commodore Amiga
$89.50
Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00
Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99
External fully assembled GreaseWeazle 3.5 inch Floppy Drive
$135.00