Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Persistent and USB Key umount issues

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1

    Persistent and USB Key umount issues

    Hi, I'm running 5.1 on an OCZ Mini-Kart 2GB USB key. It is working great. I have one issue left to solve. I created the persistent image using the script in the "penguin" menu. Persistence works.

    When I shut down or reboot the system I see that /KNOPPIX.IMG and /dev/sda4 are synched and unmounted. However, upon boot it always says /dev/sda4 was not cleanly unmounted and fsck's it.

    Regards,
    Doug

    EDIT....

    I switched to Puppy OS. Please, no flames. I'm still a Knoppix fan!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    5

    Same problem, anyone have the solution?

    even if I only boot to run level 2, sync and reboot, next time I get all kinds of fsck errors and
    messages about not unmounting cleanly when my persistent home gets remounted.

    This only seems to happen when using a persistent home that is on the same USB key
    I booted from. The knoppix.img is in the root folder of the key.

Similar Threads

  1. Persistent home issues..
    By pepene in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-21-2006, 04:18 PM
  2. umount memory stick
    By Ming in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2005, 07:37 PM
  3. Cant umount cdrom
    By alfredoj69 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 04:32 AM
  4. /usr fail umount
    By andy_perkins in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2003, 06:29 PM
  5. umount floppy?
    By Chris J in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-18-2003, 11:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair picture

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair

$323.75



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit picture

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit

$199.97



SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800

$59.99



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm picture

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm

$48.95