I've installed oracle-xe-client, but I have some problems setting the environment variables. I've edited /etc/skel/.bashrc to look like this:
From a terminal I can execute sqlclient and other applications that need oracle xe client libraries. But I can't run these applications if I lunch them using a XFCE luncher, for example. Also, if I login as root using "su -", the environment variables don't get set. But if I use "su root", everything works fine. I don't know why this behavior, I would appreciate if you could explain me.Code:# /etc/bash.bashrc [ -f /etc/profile ] && . /etc/profile source /usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/client/bin/oracle_env.sh
I'm working on a presentation CD and I don't want to make my users to open terminals to run applications.

$80.00
Vintage Digitizer Tablet Accessories Lot 16 Button Puck & Stylus P/N 01-0339
$140.00
Vintage Data Technology DTC2280 16-Bit ISA I/O Card, Late '80s to Early '90s
$89.00
HP 360LX Palmtop PC Vintage Pocket Computer, working, Stylus included.
$69.00
Vintage Shuttle K48 Small Form Factor Pc FOR PARTS OR REPAIR
$100.00
Vintage 90s PC Lot of 3.5 Floppy Disks Home Office Productivity CAD EXCEL WP AOL
$60.00
Vintage Microtech Europa 40 External SCSI Hard Drive (For Parts/Untested)
$59.95
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage IMSAI Dual 8” Floppy Disk Drive PerSci 277 Powers On Rare
$1599.00
IBM V.90 56K PCI Data Fax Modem 33L4619 33L4582 Lucent Vintage PC Card
$29.99