Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: What is saved in Persistent Home?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4

    What is saved in Persistent Home?

    Hi all,
    Pretty new to Linux and Knoppix but having a great time learning. Can anyone give me some idea of what information is saved to the Persistent Home? I have searched the Forums and can't seem to find this anywhere. I am trying to understand what I should save to my USB key and what will save in the Persistent Home.

    Thanks

    AmmonMan

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    please see answer #7.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2
    I am trying to understand what I should save to my USB key and what will save in the Persistent Home.
    If you saved your persistent home as a file, rather than as a complete partition, you can browse to root and see a folder there named knoppix.img. (It may have the same name if you saved it as an entire partition, but I have never done it that way so I can't tell you for sure) I believe that is where the contents of your persistent home reside. I don't have knoppix running right now, so I may not have the directory correct. Do a search on knoppix.img and when you find it, browse within the folder to see what is maintained there. With knoppix, I find that I have to both set up the persistent home, and save my knoppix configuration to keep all changes that I make.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    122
    This is correct ^^^

    it saves your home directory and IN THEORY saves only the changes to the / filesystem...

    That to say: the image file is merged with the KNOPPIX filesystem in order to give you RW access to it.....in theory


    Take Care,
    -Justin
    One Mynds Eye

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-19-2006, 11:03 PM
  2. Questions about saved config and persistent home
    By PaulBx1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-19-2006, 08:35 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 05:36 AM
  4. 4.0.2 Firewall settings not saved in persistent home ?
    By Robert A. in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2005, 01:51 PM
  5. Persistent home directory and saved configurations
    By kayl in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 06:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO) picture

DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)

$100.00



Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3) picture

Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)

$149.99



Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips  picture

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips

$95.00



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard picture

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard

$149.99



VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C picture

VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C

$140.00



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC LR150-11 Power Supply 70-0464-01 Rev S Sun Shoebox Server PSU Used picture

Vintage DEC LR150-11 Power Supply 70-0464-01 Rev S Sun Shoebox Server PSU Used

$160.00