Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: What is saved in Persistent Home?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4

    What is saved in Persistent Home?

    Hi all,
    Pretty new to Linux and Knoppix but having a great time learning. Can anyone give me some idea of what information is saved to the Persistent Home? I have searched the Forums and can't seem to find this anywhere. I am trying to understand what I should save to my USB key and what will save in the Persistent Home.

    Thanks

    AmmonMan

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    please see answer #7.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2
    I am trying to understand what I should save to my USB key and what will save in the Persistent Home.
    If you saved your persistent home as a file, rather than as a complete partition, you can browse to root and see a folder there named knoppix.img. (It may have the same name if you saved it as an entire partition, but I have never done it that way so I can't tell you for sure) I believe that is where the contents of your persistent home reside. I don't have knoppix running right now, so I may not have the directory correct. Do a search on knoppix.img and when you find it, browse within the folder to see what is maintained there. With knoppix, I find that I have to both set up the persistent home, and save my knoppix configuration to keep all changes that I make.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    122
    This is correct ^^^

    it saves your home directory and IN THEORY saves only the changes to the / filesystem...

    That to say: the image file is merged with the KNOPPIX filesystem in order to give you RW access to it.....in theory


    Take Care,
    -Justin
    One Mynds Eye

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-19-2006, 11:03 PM
  2. Questions about saved config and persistent home
    By PaulBx1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-19-2006, 08:35 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 05:36 AM
  4. 4.0.2 Firewall settings not saved in persistent home ?
    By Robert A. in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2005, 01:51 PM
  5. Persistent home directory and saved configurations
    By kayl in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 06:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


7500Mah Portable Compressed Air Duster Multi Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordles picture

7500Mah Portable Compressed Air Duster Multi Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordles

$56.99



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$167.63



KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St... picture

KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...

$64.99



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



(2) Battery For FoxNoble Cordless Vacuum Cleaner GLBP01-6S26 picture

(2) Battery For FoxNoble Cordless Vacuum Cleaner GLBP01-6S26

$49.00



Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H picture

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H

$104.98



95000PA Wireless Car Vacuum Cleaner Air Blower Wireless Handheld Rechargeable US picture

95000PA Wireless Car Vacuum Cleaner Air Blower Wireless Handheld Rechargeable US

$21.98



Computer Vacuum Cleaner Air Duster Cordless 110000RPM Keyboard Dust Remover picture

Computer Vacuum Cleaner Air Duster Cordless 110000RPM Keyboard Dust Remover

$38.90