Hi,
I am new to this forum and to Knoppix.
I have tried Knoppix and I would like to boot it from a USB flash pen but the instructions warning me not to delete my harddrive scare me to death.
Can anyone tell me where I can buy a USB pen with Knoppix already installed?
It would be great if the pen was large enogh for me to save my documents to it too.
I hope one of you knowledgeable people can help me ... Regards, Frances
Hi Rusty,
Thank you for your reply; it is much appreciated.
I have had a look at the site and I have two further questions ..
1. The Linux software on the site is described as 'THIN' ... do you know what the difference is between THIN and non-THIN Knoppix?
2. I was hoping for more space on the disk for my data but this site only sells 1GB pens ... do you know of a supplier that provides a larger capacity pen with the software preinstalled? Or is there another solution?
By the way ... the reason I want to use one USB pen is my Flybook laptop does not have a DVD or CD drive and it only has 1 spare USB drive.
Thanks again for your help!
Regards, Frances

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$12.00
DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00