-
Checking the state of a HDD in knoppix
Hi guys
I'm looking at a laptop for someone and basically the Win install has died, managed to recover it using recovery console then it died again. Plus it does make the occasional funny grinding noise! So I'm guessing the disk is on the way out, its past its sell by date I know that much.
I've recovered data off it previously using knoppix and a share folder on my Win server, but now I'm wondering if there are any tools available under knoppix that'll tell me just how f**ked the disk actually is.
I though about sharing the whole disk on my network and running some win32 stuff remotely, but I'm not quite sure how I'd share the disk under knoppix and then connect to it.
Any suggestions?
Similar Threads
-
By New2Knoppix in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-09-2004, 03:39 AM
-
By guillaumecote in forum Ideas
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-06-2003, 11:37 AM
-
By ramu_i in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-21-2003, 01:43 AM
-
By georgetoon in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-12-2003, 07:24 AM
-
By monkeyman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-08-2003, 07:39 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Vintage cross Apple computer branded pen rainbow logo In original box
$100.00

Vintage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Lot of 5 Retro 80s 90s Tech
$27.99

Sealed Original Vintage APPLE MACINTOSH Rainbow Logo Stickers - 4" & 2"- 5 Each
$79.99

Vintage Apple computer Cross Metal Ballpoint Pen Black Ink Gold Trim
$125.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984
$179.99