-
PXE Boot
My school does just that... on OLD IBM 340s! It has been some time since I have thought about this so I can only give you some direction. Start with www.lstp.org. I think what my school uses are NIC carts installed on the 340s with a PXE bootrom included on it. This basically scans the network for a running terminal server... and just works (as long as the terminal server is properly set up (which is very easy in Knoppix). The other option is to load a bootrom on a floppy and boot the terminals with the floppy in the drive. I think there is a way to install the bootrom on the hd, but I'm not sure. LTSP should have many answers for you. Also check out http://www.etherboot.org/db/, http://www.rom-o-matic.net/ . Hope this helped.[/url]
Similar Threads
-
By pieterkahts in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-21-2007, 08:42 PM
-
By IsaacKuo in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 04:05 PM
-
By jrsath0me in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-30-2003, 08:24 PM
-
By Big Calhoun in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-29-2003, 01:44 AM
-
By Robert Michel in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-26-2003, 01:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08