Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Newbie seeks help with printer

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6

    Newbie seeks help with printer

    Hi. Can someone help me with idiot-proof instructions for making my Epson Stylus D78 work with Knoppix 5.0.1, please? I seem to need to obtain a driver, at least according to http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_pr...son-Stylus_D78, but the link they provide doesn't seem to point anywhere, so I'm a bit stuck. I've read the destructions but I'm a complete Linux and Knoppix newbie, so please assume I don't have any background knowledge at all.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    282
    Not good news Im afraid, the driver for your printer is reported as only partially working and not yet included in the foomatic package. The only thing you can do now is wait and see if someone includes the driver in a later package or continue to dual boot to windows to print, sorry. I had the same trouble with a scanner, but not any more, before I buy any hardware I make sure it is linux compatible. This site lists Epson compatible printers, but not the D78
    http://www.linuxcompatible.org/Epson_v2105.html

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6
    Thanks for the reply. Bad news, but at least it means I can stop wasting time looking for a solution that isn't there.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1

    Partially got D78 working

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveGlynn
    Thanks for the reply. Bad news, but at least it means I can stop wasting time looking for a solution that isn't there.
    Hehe - found this post whilst looking for setup info!

    I managed to get a D78 working on Ubuntu using the D68 gutenprint 5.0 driver which is included in Ubuntu. It printed text and pictures fine from OpenOffice, but wouldn't print images direct from an image viewer. I guess if you paste an image into an OO doc then that's a way around it.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6
    Great! I'm just testing it now, and it seems to work OK, at least for printing text -- which is all I want it for. Many thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. Newbie needs help w/ printer
    By theehman in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-28-2004, 08:17 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-17-2004, 02:43 AM
  3. Printer issues CUPS/Printer Server/OptraE+
    By rec9140 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 05:24 PM
  4. newbie(printer problem)
    By vinit in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-22-2003, 12:32 PM
  5. An easy newbie question - very newbie
    By Drago in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(32GB x10) 320 GB Kingston PC4-2933Y DDR4 ECC Registered  (Server) picture

(32GB x10) 320 GB Kingston PC4-2933Y DDR4 ECC Registered (Server)

$1600.00



Lot of 10 Samsung 16GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SODIMM M471A2G43AB2-CWE 160GB picture

Lot of 10 Samsung 16GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SODIMM M471A2G43AB2-CWE 160GB

$1319.99



Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6 picture

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6

$210.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



 Samsung M393A2G40DB0-CPB  picture

Samsung M393A2G40DB0-CPB

$475.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3 picture

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3

$550.00



Micron MTA18ASF2G72XF1Z-2G9WP1ABVGD 16GB 1Rx4 NN4-2933Y DDR4 ECC NVDIMM picture

Micron MTA18ASF2G72XF1Z-2G9WP1ABVGD 16GB 1Rx4 NN4-2933Y DDR4 ECC NVDIMM

$74.50