Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix as CD install question?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Redlands, California
    Posts
    4

    Knoppix as CD install question?

    I did an install as CD instead of doing the debian one.. will break easier if making changes to config files?

    1. how can I change resolution of 800x600 to 1024x765? I could not find anything relating to resolution on etc/modconf file..

    2. Why when I end session does it jump right back into desktop?

    3.can I change it to debian without messing up my current setting? I spruced it up real nice.. it looks even better than Vista LOL. I'm in love with Knoppix

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    6

    Re: Knoppix as CD install question?

    Quote Originally Posted by Knoppixster
    1. how can I change resolution of 800x600 to 1024x765? I could not find anything relating to resolution on etc/modconf file..
    Must be 1024x768 in "Section "Screen"" of /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

    Section "Screen"
    ...

    SubSection "Display"
    Depth 15
    Modes "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
    Depth 16
    Modes "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
    Depth 24
    Modes "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
    EndSection

    3.can I change it to debian without messing up my current setting?
    No. Debian installation uses a quite different configuration in /etc/... The default HD-Installation method is prefered though over Debian-Installation because it installs a multi-user Debian system and additionally leaves all of the Knoppix hardware-detection scripts behind.

    Hth

    -nohype

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Redlands, California
    Posts
    4

    xorg.conf

    Tahnk you so much man. I was looking in the wrong place as you know know. I funally got to edit the xorg.conf file in console root and whoa!! lol thanks man. you're a savior

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix HD install Question
    By xxsadisticx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 02:12 AM
  2. not really a Knoppix 3.9 HD install question
    By DigidocTN in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2006, 04:39 AM
  3. Knoppix 3.7 HDD install - boot question
    By deane_2 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 06:29 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 07:43 PM
  5. Knoppix post-HD install question
    By dfield58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-19-2003, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage JME JKB-6151B Click Mechanical Wired Computer Keyboard - PS2 - Tilt Feet picture

Vintage JME JKB-6151B Click Mechanical Wired Computer Keyboard - PS2 - Tilt Feet

$190.00



VINTAGE FACTORY SEALED MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER 4.0 CD-ROM - NEW RARE BLUE CD picture

VINTAGE FACTORY SEALED MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER 4.0 CD-ROM - NEW RARE BLUE CD

$34.99



vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc picture

vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc

$86.99



Intel Pentium 90, SX968, A80502-90 , vintage CPU, GOLD picture

Intel Pentium 90, SX968, A80502-90 , vintage CPU, GOLD

$26.58



Vintage Atari Portfolio 16-Bit PC Palmtop Computer - Retro Computing picture

Vintage Atari Portfolio 16-Bit PC Palmtop Computer - Retro Computing

$96.00



Vintage HP 16530A Gold-Bearing Circuit Board Ceramic ICs Gold Recovery Scrap picture

Vintage HP 16530A Gold-Bearing Circuit Board Ceramic ICs Gold Recovery Scrap

$39.99



Vintage Intel 8085 CPU Controller Card PCB 140P11849 Expansion Circuit Board. picture

Vintage Intel 8085 CPU Controller Card PCB 140P11849 Expansion Circuit Board.

$145.00



Vintage Paradise VGA Plus 16 ISA Video Card 1988 Western Digital PVGA1A TESTED picture

Vintage Paradise VGA Plus 16 ISA Video Card 1988 Western Digital PVGA1A TESTED

$89.99



VINTAGE Custom Built Desktop-AMD A6-3500@2.10GHz 8GB RAM 80GB HDD NO OS-READ picture

VINTAGE Custom Built Desktop-AMD [email protected] 8GB RAM 80GB HDD NO OS-READ

$160.00



Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used picture

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used

$39.99