Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix as CD install question?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Redlands, California
    Posts
    4

    Knoppix as CD install question?

    I did an install as CD instead of doing the debian one.. will break easier if making changes to config files?

    1. how can I change resolution of 800x600 to 1024x765? I could not find anything relating to resolution on etc/modconf file..

    2. Why when I end session does it jump right back into desktop?

    3.can I change it to debian without messing up my current setting? I spruced it up real nice.. it looks even better than Vista LOL. I'm in love with Knoppix

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    6

    Re: Knoppix as CD install question?

    Quote Originally Posted by Knoppixster
    1. how can I change resolution of 800x600 to 1024x765? I could not find anything relating to resolution on etc/modconf file..
    Must be 1024x768 in "Section "Screen"" of /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

    Section "Screen"
    ...

    SubSection "Display"
    Depth 15
    Modes "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
    Depth 16
    Modes "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
    Depth 24
    Modes "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
    EndSection

    3.can I change it to debian without messing up my current setting?
    No. Debian installation uses a quite different configuration in /etc/... The default HD-Installation method is prefered though over Debian-Installation because it installs a multi-user Debian system and additionally leaves all of the Knoppix hardware-detection scripts behind.

    Hth

    -nohype

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Redlands, California
    Posts
    4

    xorg.conf

    Tahnk you so much man. I was looking in the wrong place as you know know. I funally got to edit the xorg.conf file in console root and whoa!! lol thanks man. you're a savior

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix HD install Question
    By xxsadisticx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 02:12 AM
  2. not really a Knoppix 3.9 HD install question
    By DigidocTN in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2006, 04:39 AM
  3. Knoppix 3.7 HDD install - boot question
    By deane_2 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 06:29 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 07:43 PM
  5. Knoppix post-HD install question
    By dfield58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-19-2003, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple III  / External 5 1/4

Vintage Apple III / External 5 1/4" Floppy Disk Drive A3M0004 - Untested

$120.00



Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic picture

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic

$100.00



Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Vintage 1983 Apple II ProDOS User's Kit Computer Software NEW SEALED A2D2010 picture

Vintage 1983 Apple II ProDOS User's Kit Computer Software NEW SEALED A2D2010

$64.95



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More

$300.00



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A

$150.00



Vintage 1989 Apple Macintosh SE Desktop Computer Apple Model FDHD M5011 Untested picture

Vintage 1989 Apple Macintosh SE Desktop Computer Apple Model FDHD M5011 Untested

$180.00



Vintage Apple ImageWriter II Dot-Matrix Printer Powers On Untested Fair picture

Vintage Apple ImageWriter II Dot-Matrix Printer Powers On Untested Fair

$100.00



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99