Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix as CD install question?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Redlands, California
    Posts
    4

    Knoppix as CD install question?

    I did an install as CD instead of doing the debian one.. will break easier if making changes to config files?

    1. how can I change resolution of 800x600 to 1024x765? I could not find anything relating to resolution on etc/modconf file..

    2. Why when I end session does it jump right back into desktop?

    3.can I change it to debian without messing up my current setting? I spruced it up real nice.. it looks even better than Vista LOL. I'm in love with Knoppix

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    6

    Re: Knoppix as CD install question?

    Quote Originally Posted by Knoppixster
    1. how can I change resolution of 800x600 to 1024x765? I could not find anything relating to resolution on etc/modconf file..
    Must be 1024x768 in "Section "Screen"" of /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

    Section "Screen"
    ...

    SubSection "Display"
    Depth 15
    Modes "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
    Depth 16
    Modes "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
    Depth 24
    Modes "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
    EndSection

    3.can I change it to debian without messing up my current setting?
    No. Debian installation uses a quite different configuration in /etc/... The default HD-Installation method is prefered though over Debian-Installation because it installs a multi-user Debian system and additionally leaves all of the Knoppix hardware-detection scripts behind.

    Hth

    -nohype

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Redlands, California
    Posts
    4

    xorg.conf

    Tahnk you so much man. I was looking in the wrong place as you know know. I funally got to edit the xorg.conf file in console root and whoa!! lol thanks man. you're a savior

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix HD install Question
    By xxsadisticx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 02:12 AM
  2. not really a Knoppix 3.9 HD install question
    By DigidocTN in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2006, 04:39 AM
  3. Knoppix 3.7 HDD install - boot question
    By deane_2 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 06:29 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 07:43 PM
  5. Knoppix post-HD install question
    By dfield58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-19-2003, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025

$22.00



Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD

$199.00



Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408

$354.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$69.00



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



Seagate Enterprise Capacity 2TB 2.5in SATA Internal HDD ST2000NX0403 picture

Seagate Enterprise Capacity 2TB 2.5in SATA Internal HDD ST2000NX0403

$60.00



Sun Oracle 7357761 14TB 7.2K 3.5 12G SAS-3 HDD Hard Disc Drive w/ Coral Bracket picture

Sun Oracle 7357761 14TB 7.2K 3.5 12G SAS-3 HDD Hard Disc Drive w/ Coral Bracket

$249.99



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99