Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix as CD install question?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Redlands, California
    Posts
    4

    Knoppix as CD install question?

    I did an install as CD instead of doing the debian one.. will break easier if making changes to config files?

    1. how can I change resolution of 800x600 to 1024x765? I could not find anything relating to resolution on etc/modconf file..

    2. Why when I end session does it jump right back into desktop?

    3.can I change it to debian without messing up my current setting? I spruced it up real nice.. it looks even better than Vista LOL. I'm in love with Knoppix

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    6

    Re: Knoppix as CD install question?

    Quote Originally Posted by Knoppixster
    1. how can I change resolution of 800x600 to 1024x765? I could not find anything relating to resolution on etc/modconf file..
    Must be 1024x768 in "Section "Screen"" of /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

    Section "Screen"
    ...

    SubSection "Display"
    Depth 15
    Modes "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
    Depth 16
    Modes "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
    SubSection "Display"
    Depth 24
    Modes "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
    EndSection

    3.can I change it to debian without messing up my current setting?
    No. Debian installation uses a quite different configuration in /etc/... The default HD-Installation method is prefered though over Debian-Installation because it installs a multi-user Debian system and additionally leaves all of the Knoppix hardware-detection scripts behind.

    Hth

    -nohype

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Redlands, California
    Posts
    4

    xorg.conf

    Tahnk you so much man. I was looking in the wrong place as you know know. I funally got to edit the xorg.conf file in console root and whoa!! lol thanks man. you're a savior

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix HD install Question
    By xxsadisticx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 02:12 AM
  2. not really a Knoppix 3.9 HD install question
    By DigidocTN in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2006, 04:39 AM
  3. Knoppix 3.7 HDD install - boot question
    By deane_2 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 06:29 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 07:43 PM
  5. Knoppix post-HD install question
    By dfield58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-19-2003, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video picture

Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video

$225.00



Apple IIe Vintage Computer Photo Snaphot 3x5  S24-2 picture

Apple IIe Vintage Computer Photo Snaphot 3x5 S24-2

$19.98



Apple Macintosh PowerBook 100 Vintage Laptop MPN 100 w/ AC Adapter picture

Apple Macintosh PowerBook 100 Vintage Laptop MPN 100 w/ AC Adapter

$595.00



Vintage Apple iMac G3 “Sorry, no beige.” Wristwatch – Two Original Bands picture

Vintage Apple iMac G3 “Sorry, no beige.” Wristwatch – Two Original Bands

$249.95



Vintage Apple M7886 Power Mac G4 Cube 450MHz 64MB 20GB picture

Vintage Apple M7886 Power Mac G4 Cube 450MHz 64MB 20GB

$299.99



Apple IIe Vintage Computer Photo Snaphot 3x5  S24-1 picture

Apple IIe Vintage Computer Photo Snaphot 3x5 S24-1

$19.98



Vintage APPLE KEYBOARD II & DESKTOP BUS MOUSE Macintosh M0487 M2706 UNTESTED picture

Vintage APPLE KEYBOARD II & DESKTOP BUS MOUSE Macintosh M0487 M2706 UNTESTED

$59.95



Vintage NOS Apple iBook Two Sided Cloth Banner Think Different picture

Vintage NOS Apple iBook Two Sided Cloth Banner Think Different

$99.99



Apple cloth fabric banner iBook tangerine orange New Old Stock Vintage picture

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook tangerine orange New Old Stock Vintage

$99.00