Hi,
I am new to this forum and to Knoppix.
I have tried Knoppix and I would like to boot it from a USB flash pen but the instructions warning me not to delete my harddrive scare me to death.
Can anyone tell me where I can buy a USB pen with Knoppix already installed?
It would be great if the pen was large enogh for me to save my documents to it too.
I hope one of you knowledgeable people can help me ... Regards, Frances
Hi Rusty,
Thank you for your reply; it is much appreciated.
I have had a look at the site and I have two further questions ..
1. The Linux software on the site is described as 'THIN' ... do you know what the difference is between THIN and non-THIN Knoppix?
2. I was hoping for more space on the disk for my data but this site only sells 1GB pens ... do you know of a supplier that provides a larger capacity pen with the software preinstalled? Or is there another solution?
By the way ... the reason I want to use one USB pen is my Flybook laptop does not have a DVD or CD drive and it only has 1 spare USB drive.
Thanks again for your help!
Regards, Frances

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i5-14400F 2.50GHz 6 Core SRN3R 16 Thread LGA 1700 CPU
$165.00
Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99
Intel Core i5-13500 2.5GHz/4.8GHz Boost 14-Core SRMBM LGA1700 Desktop Processor
$165.00