-
Checking the state of a HDD in knoppix
Hi guys
I'm looking at a laptop for someone and basically the Win install has died, managed to recover it using recovery console then it died again. Plus it does make the occasional funny grinding noise! So I'm guessing the disk is on the way out, its past its sell by date I know that much.
I've recovered data off it previously using knoppix and a share folder on my Win server, but now I'm wondering if there are any tools available under knoppix that'll tell me just how f**ked the disk actually is.
I though about sharing the whole disk on my network and running some win32 stuff remotely, but I'm not quite sure how I'd share the disk under knoppix and then connect to it.
Any suggestions?
Similar Threads
-
By New2Knoppix in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-09-2004, 03:39 AM
-
By guillaumecote in forum Ideas
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-06-2003, 11:37 AM
-
By ramu_i in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-21-2003, 01:43 AM
-
By georgetoon in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-12-2003, 07:24 AM
-
By monkeyman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-08-2003, 07:39 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

AYANEO AM01 AMD Ryzen 7 5800U Gaming Mini PC Retro Classic DP DDR4 32GB 1Tb
$400.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73