Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Can I buy a USB pen with Knoppix already installed?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Yorkshire
    Posts
    2

    Can I buy a USB pen with Knoppix already installed?

    Hi,

    I am new to this forum and to Knoppix.
    I have tried Knoppix and I would like to boot it from a USB flash pen but the instructions warning me not to delete my harddrive scare me to death.

    Can anyone tell me where I can buy a USB pen with Knoppix already installed?
    It would be great if the pen was large enogh for me to save my documents to it too.

    I hope one of you knowledgeable people can help me ... Regards, Frances

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    N42.41 W73 and change
    Posts
    401

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Yorkshire
    Posts
    2

    Thank you for your reply Rusty

    Hi Rusty,

    Thank you for your reply; it is much appreciated.

    I have had a look at the site and I have two further questions ..
    1. The Linux software on the site is described as 'THIN' ... do you know what the difference is between THIN and non-THIN Knoppix?
    2. I was hoping for more space on the disk for my data but this site only sells 1GB pens ... do you know of a supplier that provides a larger capacity pen with the software preinstalled? Or is there another solution?

    By the way ... the reason I want to use one USB pen is my Flybook laptop does not have a DVD or CD drive and it only has 1 spare USB drive.

    Thanks again for your help!
    Regards, Frances

Similar Threads

  1. Is PHP installed on KNOPPIX 5.0.1 ?
    By Regupstart in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2006, 11:27 PM
  2. Knoppix Succesfully installed but grub installed in root
    By param85047 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 03:31 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2006, 11:30 PM
  4. I've got Knoppix installed on HD, but...
    By guicaste in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-12-2005, 01:30 AM
  5. Just Installed Knoppix!
    By naventus in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-29-2004, 01:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG picture

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG

$299.99



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00