Just a quick update. I unplugged the hub, plugged the usb flash drive directly into the usb port on the PC. Rebooted and after 9 hours it's still there. I wonder...................
Tim
I have Knoppix5.0 installed to a HD. I am using a LinkSys usb hub and plugged into that I have a PNY 1GB Flash drive. Everthing is fine after I boot up, I can read and write to it, got a desktop icon, and it is /dev/sda1. After some period of time, say two hours, I notice the flash drive has disappeared. I try to mount it, but it no longer exists. The only way I cna get it back is to reboot. Anybody got any ideas?? I even looked in the BIOS for any power mangement issues. It just goes away.
Tim
PS I am only running with 256MB ram. Could that be the issue?
Just a quick update. I unplugged the hub, plugged the usb flash drive directly into the usb port on the PC. Rebooted and after 9 hours it's still there. I wonder...................
Tim
38 views and not a single suggestion or anybody else with the same problem???
After putzing back and forth, I have discovered if I leave the external usb hub out and plug my usb flashdrive directly into the PC it will always be there. If I use an external usb anything connected to it dissapears within two hours.
I sure would like to solve this problem. I will try other usb hubs, I assume somebody would have seen this already.
Using Knoppix5.0

vintage pentium 3 pc turns on no display no post
$150.00
Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37
Vintage Sperry Military Avionics PCB Ceramic Gold Lid Hybrid IC Aerospace Board
$149.95
MicroProse Falcon 4.0 PC Flight Sim Big Box Manuals Korean Map CD Lot Vintage
$60.00
Vintage Military Avionics PCB AlliedSignal 1750A CPU Ceramic Aerospace Board
$299.95
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00
Vintage HP DVD Writer dvd210i Internal IDE Drive Q2116A BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED
$58.85