-
Not mounting my hard disk
My computer crashed in windows and wont load anything, I get a message saying "disk boot failure." Using the live CD I have managed to log in and back up my "G" drive. I can't get onto my c drive at all. It is there, it knows what size it is but it wont mount.
It said "I could not determine the filesytem type and none was specified". I also tried with Gnome 2.12 and in that it says it doesn't recognise the partitions. I have ordered a new computer, but would like to back up a few files. I've restarted it but get the same message.
Anyone have any ideas. I have done a quick search but couldn't find the answer.
Similar Threads
-
By mouse8469 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-11-2006, 06:12 PM
-
By Neno in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 17
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 05:17 AM
-
By Neno in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-30-2004, 07:29 AM
-
By benmayim in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-21-2003, 12:49 PM
-
By cascadefx in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-02-2003, 04:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$125.98

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.26

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Promise Pegasus R6 Thunderbolt 2 RAID Storage 6Bay Enclosure G2U
$129.99