that sounds good
you will need to reconfigure Kde for the new video card and monitor
but all else should detect or be figurable
i'd do it
Alright. I have a Dell Latitude Laptop. I have no CD or Floppy Drive. No way to get one.
I have the latest knoppix iso on my desktop pc and i have xp sp2 running on the laptop. I also have a 2.5in to 3.5in IDE converter so I can hook my laptop HD into my PC and access it.
My question now is, how would i get knoppix onto my laptop installed and working? I was thinking I could set the laptop hard drive as primary in the pc, boot the knoppix disk, install it to the laptop h.d. and then place the h.d. back in the laptop however i am worried that will work the same way trying to do that with windows did : ERRORs.
Because, it sets up information specific to the machine its installed on, or will knoppix work this way? If not is there another way? I was thinking maybe... Copy all the contents of the knoppix cd iso to a portion of my Hard drive and telling grub to boot to it? But how? I am unsure.
Someone please assist me, I hate having to use windows on my godforsaken laptop.
Thanks,
Louis
that sounds good
you will need to reconfigure Kde for the new video card and monitor
but all else should detect or be figurable
i'd do it
Alright., Update.
I loaded Knoppix onto the hard drive using Knoppix-Install. I used the latest Knoppix-STD distro because, I like it.
Once I got it running, I booted the knoppix install on the pc where I installed it.
Next I put the hard drive back in the laptop and booted it. XDM (X) failed to launch. So I switched to root and ran XDM and it loaded the desktop. However, neither of the mice (touchpad or touch thingy) work. An externally connected USB also fails to work.
Display looks a bit ugly too, any info?
Thanks,
Louis

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00