-
Bad ISO Image?
I've dl the latest version of Knoppix twice from diffrent servers using Bit Torrent and cant seem to boot from the DVD. I have tried burning the dvd three times with no success. It appears that there is no boot file on the dvd itself although there is a boot directory and a linux directory along with some other files. It appears from reading some of the posts that all the files are on the DVD.
Am I missing something?
I am new to Linux but experienced with P.C. hardware and software. I used Nero 7 to burn the image and other software with the same results. Maybe bad ISO image? any help would be greatly appreciated.
Just a quick note: downloaded Fedora, Mandriva, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, burned ISO images with default settings in Nero, No problems. I just noticed in the forum that the Image may have been burned using too high a speed, I will try a lower setting tonight.
Similar Threads
-
By iadcc in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-19-2009, 04:51 PM
-
By tmedina in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-20-2005, 05:39 AM
-
By sunnmoon in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-20-2005, 02:19 PM
-
By dougvega in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-28-2004, 01:31 AM
-
By convert in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 04:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00