Quote Originally Posted by posmanet
Hello exsencon!

With "ndiswrapper -l" You can see if ndiswrapper has loaded Your binary
driver. (bcmwl5) With "lsmod" You can see Your loaded kernel modules.
Ndiswrapper should be in this list. With "ifconfig" You can see Your
configured network interfaces. Your WLAN should be something like
eth0, eth1 or wlan0. If everything is fine (ndiswrapper has loaded
driver, ndiswrapper kernelmodule is loaded) You are ready to go and
should set up the network parameters for the device. You could use
"netcardconfig" for that.

Good luck!

PS: If You want to know more about any of these commands, just read the
manual pages. Example: "man ifconfig"

PPS: Greetings to Harry Kuhman!
I tried loading the driver once more and now I got at least something. It said bcmwl5.inf is not a valid driver.
This is the very same driver WinXP uses to get a very good wireless connection! I deleted the downloaded drivers and used (copy and paste) the files that are on my winXP system (bcmwl5.inf and bcmwl5.sys) I don't understand. Wireless under linux is not a piece of cake!