-
Do I need to unistall ndiswrapper first and after install it then install the packages............I realy confused when I download the packages I install them but when I typed ndiswrapper -i bcmwl5 it said that ndiswrapper not found........Can u guide me how can I uninstall and then nstall the new version on Knoppix 2.7(Whoppix 2.7) Live CD..........and also can u put the exact package links for me. at last can you guide me step by step because I just trying use Linux OS for about a week so I need to guide step by step

Originally Posted by
posmanet
Permission errors are most likely happening when You are trying to do sometiong as user, that only root is allowed to do. Use a root shell (find itin the Knoppix menu) for ndiswrapper stuff. By the way, the exact error will be very helpful!
Reinstalling ndiswrapper:
version 1) You have an internet connection (maybe via LAN) - do as root:
apt-get update # this means updating the lists of available software packages
apt-get install ndiswrapper --reinstall # this one reinstalls/updates Your ndiswrapper software
version 2) Find another computer that has an internet connection, and search for an ndiswrapper debian package (.deb). Download it, and move it to Your target machine. There, You can install it using:
dpkg -i /path/to/Your/ndiswrapper.deb
Greetings
Update:
I think You'll need more Packages than just one. On my system, following ndiswrapper packages are installed:
ii ndiswrapper-common 1.15-1 Userspace utilities for ndiswrapper
ii ndiswrapper-modules-2.6.17 1.16-1 Linux kernel module for NdisWrapper for 2.6.17
ii ndiswrapper-utils 1.8-1 User space tools for ndiswrapper
ii ndiswrapper-utils-1.7 1.8-2 Userspace utilities for ndiswrapper
(You could check this out on Your machine with "dpkg -l | grep ndiswrapper")
Similar Threads
-
By Protocol in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-21-2007, 03:05 AM
-
By Kaishain in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2006, 11:16 AM
-
By giant_toaster in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-23-2005, 09:09 AM
-
By cyph3r in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-25-2004, 08:22 PM
-
By urbster1 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 08:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us
$13.99

Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested
$25.46